Refined sugar is harmful for us, this is the reason that many people are looking for healthy alternatives. There are many low-calorie sweeteners in the market but most of them are artificial. Stevia is a popular sweetener because it is a 100% natural and zero calorie sweeteners with many health benefits. Stevia is a green leafy plant native to South America, been used for more than 1,500 years by South Americans, they call it "sweet herb". The leaves have been used traditionally for hundreds of years in both Brazil and Paraguay to sweeten local teas and medicines. In 1931 two French chemists isolated the glycosides that give stevia its sweet taste. The active compounds of stevia are steviol glycosides (mainly stevioside and rebaudioside) which are hundred times sweeter than sugar. Stevia Leaves are heat stable, pH stable and not fermentable.
- ZERO CALORIE SWEETNER - Stevia is a plant based 100% natural sugar substitute. Stevia is considered 200 times sweeter than sugar. It does not contain any added chemicals. Stevia leaves are sweet and contain lot of beneficial nutrients. Stevia contains a wealth of antioxidant compounds.
- DIABETES - Stevia is a naturally sweet plant which can be used by a diabetic person to control craving of sugar without increasing blood sugar level. Stevia contains “stevioside” which is a non-carbohydrate compound.
- WEIGHT LOSS - There are many causes of weight gain including high calorie food, high carbohydrate food, low physical activity and prolonged sitting. Intake of excess sugar is associated with obesity, diabetes, gastric flatulence and skin darkening. Stevia is a plant based, zero calorie, 100% natural, gluten free sugar substitute for healthy living and weight loss. Reducing sugar in diet will immediately help you in weight management.
- SAFE - Independent scientific experts in both the U.S. and globally have concluded that stevia sweeteners are safe for people of all ages and populations. Stevioside, the main glycoside of stevia, was found to be nontoxic in acute toxicity studies in variety of laboratory animals. In 2008, the FDA declared that stevia was safe in foods and beverages.
- USAGE – Use stevia leaves to sweeten your beverage like tea, coffee, milk, lemonade or soup. Add only 1-2 pinch dried stevia leaves in a cup to get sufficient sweetness. If you have any queries regarding the product and diet, you may call our Nutritionist before and after purchase at NUTROACTIVE CUSTOMER CARE NO. given on the pack.
Stevia is a plant based 100% natural sugar substitute