1. Mix the Indigo powder and water: Take a bowl of water and mix Indigo powder in it. The
quantity varies according to hair length and thickness of hair. Add warm water to it and stir it with
spoon until the mixture is uniform and thick like yogurt with henna or without henna. Add some salt
for the better development of the colour.
2. Let the mixture set: Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and leave it for an hour. The Indigo
mixture will turn deep blue-black. Stir it again before the application.
3. Protect your hairline: Use Vaseline, Petroleum Jelly, baby or coconut oil on your hairline, ear or
anywhere else where you don't want the mixture to stain your skin.
4. Apply the mixture on hair: Make partitions in your hair or as small as they can be, for
thoroughly to apply the mixture. Always apply the mixture from top to bottom of hair for the
maintenance of hair colour. Use hair colour brush to apply the mixture.
5. Wrap your hair: After the colour is applied, wrap your hair with plastic wrap or shower cap, it
will help the colour to develop faster.
6. Rinse the dye from hair: After 1 - 2 hours, rinse your hair with water or mild shampoo, it will
help to wash out and remove the dye easily.
Reminder: If you apply Indigo powder only on grey hair, it will have little or no colour. Indigo
powder is best used when it is combined with henna or after dying your hair with henna.